|Difficult to exploit|
|(other affected products)||Published: Thu Nov 14 17:15:00 2019 UTC. Last Modified: Mon Nov 25 16:09:00 2019 UTC|
The Kata M4s Android device with a build fingerprint of alps/full_hct6750_66_n/hct6750_66_n:7.0/NRD90M/1495624556:user/test-keys contains a pre-installed app with a package name of com.mediatek.factorymode app (versionCode=1, versionName=1) that allows unauthorized wireless settings modification via a confused deputy attack. This capability can be accessed by any app co-located on the device.
- Limited modification of data and/or system files.
- Attacking requires access via console, SSH or tricking a legitimate user but requires the attacker to have regular user privileges.
- No user interaction is required.
- The attack is estimated to have a high success rate, once attempted.
Type of bug(s)
- CWE-610, Externally Controlled Reference to a Resource in Another Sphere: The product uses an externally controlled name or reference that resolves to a resource that is outside of the intended control sphere.