CPE matches: cpe:2.3:a:jenkins:copy_data_to_workspace:*:*:*:*:*:jenkins:*:* && versionEndIncluding=1.0
Jenkins Copy data to workspace Plugin 1.0 and earlier does not limit which directories can be copied from the Jenkins controller to job workspaces, allowing attackers with Job/Configure permission to read arbitrary files on the Jenkins controller.
- Access to all information.
- Remote attacking is possible through the network but requires the attacker to have regular user privileges.
- No user interaction is required.
- The attack is estimated to have a high success rate, once attempted.
Damage and attack conditions obtained from CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N (CVSSv3)
Type of bug(s)
- CWE-22, Improper Limitation of a Pathname to a Restricted Directory ('Path Traversal'):
The software uses external input to construct a pathname that is intended to identify a file or directory that is located underneath a restricted parent directory, but the software does not properly neutralize special elements within the pathname that can cause the pathname to resolve to a location that is outside of the restricted directory.