|Easy to exploit|
|(other affected products)||Published: Thu Oct 10 21:15:00 2019 UTC. Last Modified: Tue Oct 15 14:02:00 2019 UTC|
CPE matches: cpe:2.3:a:b3log:symphony:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:* && versionEndExcluding=3.6.0
b3log Symphony (aka Sym) before 3.6.0 has XSS via the HTTP User-Agent header.
- Limited modification of data and/or system files.
- Limited access to information.
- Remote attacking is possible through the network and can be done by anyone (requires no authentication).
- Human user action interaction is required for the attack.
- The attack is estimated to have a high success rate, once attempted.
Damage and attack conditions obtained from CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N (CVSSv3)
Type of bug(s)
- CWE-79, Improper Neutralization of Input During Web Page Generation ('Cross-site Scripting'): The software does not neutralize or incorrectly neutralizes user-controllable input before it is placed in output that is used as a web page that is served to other users.